Edgewater Casino is a gaming industry leader in customer service and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Located on Pacific Blvd, next to Rogers Arena, it is easily accessible by Skytrain, bus and is close to the Canada Line Yaletown station. Edgewater has strived to create an inclusive work environment and was recently recognized as 1 of 3 finalists in for a BC Workplace Inclusion Award in the Large Employer category. Their HR Director is the recipient of the 2016 BC Workplace Inclusion Award in the Individual Leadership category, for her commitment to inclusive hiring.
Edgewater Casino is hiring for over 20 positions in different departments:
- Food & Beverage – Be part of a dynamic team that helps provide food and refreshments to internal and external guests. Be responsible for preparing delicious food, taking orders, making drinks, or serving customers. Open positions include: Jr. Sous Chef, Line Cook, Bistro Cashier, Bartender, Cocktail Server, Porter, F&B Manager and Director of F&B.
- Surveillance – Be part of the team responsible for observation of all activities of guests and employees on Casino property, utilize analytical, communication, and observation skills to monitor criminal activity and/or violation of company policies and procedures. Open positions include: Surveillance Operator and Surveillance Supervisor.
- Table Games – Help provide Casino patrons a memorable and entertaining experience at Edgewater Casino; help execute games such as Blackjack, Poker, Roulette, Craps and Baccarat as an Incoming Professional Dealer.
- Guest Services – Provide exceptional customer service to Casino guests, acting as a resource and host to guests calling and/or visiting the Casino. Edgewater is hiring a Guest Services Representative.
- Security – Be responsible for the security of all assets and gaming supplies in the Casino. Perform a variety of duties related to ensuring the casino complies with all regulatory standards and ensure a safe environment for both employees and guests of the Casino. Edgewater is currently hiring a Security Officer.
- Human Resources – Do you have experience working in Human Resources? Help recruit and select potential candidates, coordinate interviews with Hiring Managers, conduct interviews, and manage the internal on-boarding process. Open positions in HR include: Talent Acquisition Specialist (contract)
- Marketing – Work marketing events and promotions and be an ambassador of the Edgewater brand in Edgewater’s Marketing department. Be the face of Edgewater Casino as a Promotion Clerk.
- Player Development – Help identify and develop strategic relationships with customers and ensure smooth running of all Casino operations and superior customer service. Open Positions include: Player Development Casino Host.
- Slots – Provide exceptional customer service to guests playing at Slot gaming stations, performing duties such as assisting with organization and implementation of players’ parties and promotions for high limit players. Edgewater is hiring a new Slot Attendant Host.
BC WiN is helping to recruit candidates that have strong customer service and teamwork skills. For detailed descriptions of requirements for individual positions, please take a look at Edgewater’s career listings here.
Additional must haves:
- Interest and motivation to work in a gaming environment
- Reliability and a fun, positive attitude
- Enjoy working in hospitality
- Flexibility to work various shifts including afternoons and graveyards, depending on position
Candidates who meet the requirements for the position and would be interested in an opportunity to begin a career with Edgewater Casino are invited to submit an application. Please take a look at the How to Apply section here.