Destination BC’s has another contract opportunity (12 to 18 months) for an Administrative Assistant to join their Global Brand & Content department. The Administrative Assistant provides a full range of administrative support for a team of 21, including tracking, monitoring, and reporting on the budget on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
Reporting to the Director, Global Brand & Content, and working directly with business unit managers, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and can prioritize and problem-solve independently. You provide essential administrative, financial, and procurement support for the department, and play a key role in enabling the team to deliver on objectives through effective operations, including proactively identifying opportunities to improve processes and procedures. You have demonstrated experience in budget management and procurement, and possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high volume, fast-changing environment. You take pride in your commitment to a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and organizational skills, which allow you to consistently meet deadlines. Experience with government financial policy, government contracts and financial systems such as SAP are recommended (but not required) for this position.
To view the full position description, please click here.
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent;
- 3 years’ financial and administrative experience;
- Understanding of general administrative and financial procedures required;
- Experience providing support to multiple people or business units required;
- Understanding of BC government financial policy, contracts, systems (such as SAP), and procedures would be an asset; and
- Proficiency with desktop applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and database (ie Maximizer, Salesforce, Simpleview).
As a member of the President’s Group. Destination BC believes that diversity is strength and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you are an applicant with a disability, Destination BC is committed to ensuring workplace accommodations are in place to enable you to do your best work.
This position offers an annual salary range of $ $42,900.72 to $48,389.39.
To Apply – By September 22, 2020:
Qualified candidates with disabilities/diverse abilities are welcome to apply for positions via the BC WiN application process by September 22, 2020.
- Submit resume and completed referral form to Jasmine Marchant via email
- Please include a brief paragraph to highlight relevant strengths and interests, and
- Attach the signed Participant Consent form, for referrals to participate in Research
- An Inclusive Workforce Consultant will be in contact regarding next steps