This is a contract (12 to 18 months) opportunity to join Destination BC’s Global Marketing Team as a Marketing Specialist. The Marketing Specialist is responsible in establishing and maintaining strong, professional working relationships with Destination BC colleagues from both Victoria and Vancouver offices as well as representatives in Destination BC’s overseas offices as required. Develops and maintains relationships with contractors, digital marketing and technology agencies, agency partners, and tourism industry stakeholders.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Specialist must understand creative strategy and must have experience to execute effectively in core digital channels. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the project management and implementation of Destination BC’s marketing programs, ensuring strategic, on-brand, execution of programs, on time and on budget. The Marketing Specialist will work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and budgets. This position requires ongoing knowledge of emerging tourism, marketing and digital trends, in order to effectively manage projects and provide expertise.
To view the full position description, please click here.
- Degree or diploma in marketing or business, and/or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum three years’ experience in the development, execution and evaluation of large, multi-faceted online and offline marketing programs;
- Experience working with programmatic media;
- Proven knowledge of digital marketing best practices and creative optimization strategies;
- Experience in evaluating creative assets from agency partners and sharing feedback;
- Understanding of brand strategy and ensuring delivery of effective on-brand programs and creative executions;
- Experience in project management including planning tasks, risk management, time management, financial management, and monitoring and reporting;
- Experience working with and managing external vendors, such as creative agencies;
- Experience producing project briefs, reports and decision-making documents for agencies and internal stakeholders;
- Knowledge of emerging tourism and marketing trends in order to effectively manage projects and provide expertise;
- Experience in destination marketing would be an asset;
As a member of the President’s Group. Destination BC believes that diversity is strength and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you are an applicant with a disability, Destination BC is committed to ensuring workplace accommodations are in place to enable you to do your best work.
This position offers an annual salary range of $65,252.73 to $74,396.51.
To Apply – By September 21, 2020:
Qualified candidates with disabilities/diverse abilities are welcome to apply for positions via the BC WiN application process by September 21, 2020.
- Submit resume and completed referral form to Jasmine Marchant via email
- Please include a brief paragraph to highlight relevant strengths and interests, and
- Attach the signed Participant Consent form, for referrals to participate in Research
- An Inclusive Workforce Consultant will be in contact regarding next steps