We’re currently for an Accounting Assistant to join the ICBC Customer Accounting team on a 6 month contract. Ideally the role suits someone with a little experience/education in bookkeeping and basic accounting. It’s a ‘focused’ role – responding to email/system requests mostly, rather than having a lot of interaction with others in person or over the phone, so you have to be happy working in a more heads-down way.
The role pays $22.72 per hour, plus an additional 18.8% in lieu of vacation and benefits. The position will require you to work at the ICBC North Vancouver Head Office, Monday-Friday full-time.
In this role you will perform a variety of accounting and analysis functions related to the management of customer accounts receivable. The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively, enjoy investigating and analyzing financial information, and pay close attention to detail.
- Accounting support functions related to consolidated accounts receivable, cheque refunds and various expense accounts
- Detailed customer account reconciliations
- Monitoring customer accounts for status and accuracy
- Maintaining liaison with staff from other departments to provide information or investigate, reconcile and correct errors
- Discussing accounting issues/variances with more senior department staff
- Producing reports and schedules in required formats
- Following designated schedules and setting priorities to meet deadlines
- Completing work accurately in accordance with established procedures
- Working independently on assigned tasks
Qualified candidates with disabilities/diverse abilities are welcome to apply for positions via the BC WiN application process by November 10, 2020.
- Submit resume and completed referral form to Jamie Millar-Dixon via email
- Please include a brief paragraph to highlight relevant strengths and interests, and
- Attach the signed Participant Consent form, for referrals to participate in Research
- An Inclusive Workforce Consultant will be in contact regarding next steps, which may include a virtual online or telephone interview
ICBC is a provincial Crown corporation established in 1973 to provide universal auto insurance to B.C. motorists. ICBC is also responsible for driver licensing, and vehicle licensing and registration. ICBC is committed to a workforce, inclusive of people with diverse abilities and is a supportive employer. They also received the 2018 BC Workplace Inclusion Award as a large business, in recognition for their D&I results.