For job seekers who take pride in their ability to maintain safe and clean workspaces, we have a great opportunity to take on a unique career as a maintenance worker for the ICBC operations in our Central Estimating Facility (CEF). This position primarily works out of the Queensborough Salvage yard, with some shifts required at the Coquitlam location. You will perform caretaking duties related primarily to cleaning and maintaining designated buildings, lots and landscape areas, as well as providing backup to the Equipment Operators. The hourly rate starts at $21.11 and this is a permanent, full-time position.
- Interior maintenance – cleaning up gas and oil leaks, picking up debris and car parts, disposing of garbage in a safe manner, organizing equipment, and cleaning floors with a scrubber, etc.
- Exterior building maintenance – cleaning up lot, driveways, landscape and garbage areas, and disposing of debris, garbage, etc. in a safe manner. Shovels snow from all walkway surfaces and salts as necessary.
- Stockroom Maintenance – ensuring that all equipment and materials are stored safely and in an orderly manner. Updates/counts paper supply inventories, ensuring estimating staff have adequate supplies on hand.
- Salvage Assistance – Removing personal belongings from insureds’ vehicles and packages them for transport to claim centres. Removes large items from total loss vehicles, such as wheels, trailer hitches, stereos, and updates relevant systems as required. May be required to travel to salvage yard and/or Claim Centres
- Work will be performed independently outdoors including during inclement weather
- Ability to lift objects requiring moderate physical exertion and will spend considerable time walking and standing.
- You will be exposed to dirt, dust, filth, garbage and noise and you will be required to use personal protective equipment as outlined by Occupational Health and Safety.
- You must have a valid BC Driver’s License and/or reliable means of transportation
- Forklift ticket is an asset, but not required
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a health assessment based on the job requirements.
Qualified candidates with disabilities/diverse abilities are welcome to apply for positions via the BC WiN application process by October 24, 2020.
- Submit resume and completed referral form to Jamie Millar-Dixon via email
- Please include a brief paragraph to highlight relevant strengths and interests, and
- Attach the signed Participant Consent form, for referrals to participate in Research
- An Inclusive Workforce Consultant will be in contact regarding next steps, which may include a virtual online or telephone interview
ICBC is a provincial Crown corporation established in 1973 to provide universal auto insurance to B.C. motorists. ICBC is also responsible for driver licensing, and vehicle licensing and registration. ICBC is committed to a workforce, inclusive of people with diverse abilities and is a supportive employer. They also received the 2018 BC Workplace Inclusion Award as a large business, in recognition for their D&I results.