We are re-launching the recruitment campaign for a Data Visualization Analyst (DVA) at ICBC. This starts as a paid Internship opportunity through BC WiN’s partnership with ICBC, aimed at mentoring individuals with disabilities/diverse abilities into permanent roles within the organization. Interview and workplace adjustments are available to ensure candidates and employees are set up for success to contribute their best.
** The Information Management (IT) team have future ongoing opportunities for technically oriented individuals with strong computer science/programming skills and experience. Service Partners are welcome to forward any applicants to BC WiN with experience in management information systems, web platform administration, systems administration and technical support, data engineering and analytics.
Data Visualization Analyst
The DVA opportunity starts as a 6-month full-time position. The position drives efficiencies and savings across all facets of business in support of the Information Management (IT) team’s goals. Responsibilities will include delivering on corporate projects, training business users, collaborating with customers across the organization and provide subject matter expertise on data sources, reporting workflows, business process, and appropriate tools to analyze data.
Applicants interested in this opportunity should have the following:
- Prior SQL & Database experience
- Proven presentation skills to a variety of stakeholders and audiences
working with one of the following tools is preferred: Tableau, PowerBI and/or Qlik (note, this can be adjusted for individuals who are not comfortable presenting)
- Experience in at least one of the following programming languages is preferred: C++, Scala, Java and/or Python
- Experience and/or understanding of Disciplined Agile Methodologies
- Experience with Big Data tools such as Hadoop, MapR, Spark, Apache Drill are considered a very strong asset
- A degree related to Management Information Systems and/or Business Administration is preferred
Qualified candidates with disabilities/diverse abilities are welcome to apply for positions via the BC WiN application process by August 6, 2020.
- Submit resume and completed referral form to Jasmine Marchant via email
- Please include a brief paragraph to highlight relevant strengths and interests, and
- Attach the signed Participant Consent form, for referrals to participate in Research
- An Inclusive Workforce Consultant will be in contact regarding next steps, which may include a virtual online or telephone interview
- We ask that only qualified candidates be submitted
ICBC is a provincial Crown corporation established in 1973 to provide universal auto insurance to B.C. motorists. ICBC is also responsible for driver licensing, and vehicle licensing and registration. ICBC is committed to a workforce, inclusive of people with diverse abilities and is a supportive employer. They also received the 2018 BC Workplace Inclusion Award (large business), in recognition for their D&I results.